Abe Bailey Bursary
The objective is to broaden the views of young South Africans by enabling OUTSTANDING South African students / junior lecturers who show exceptional leadership qualities and a strong service ethic, through an all-expenses-paid three week educational tour to the United Kingdom. Furthermore, the intention with this bursary is to:
• Effect greater understanding and co-operation among those with various language and cultural backgrounds;
• Foster enterprise, commitment and effective participation in a common future;
• Promote South African unity.
The credo of the Abe Bailey Trust: “Leadership Development with the emphasis on Nation Building“
The following conditions apply:
• Nominees shall be students of not less than two years standing or members of the staff of junior lecturer status;
• Nominees must be of South African nationality;
• Nominees must be aged 25 or less at the start of the tour;
• Applicants should have a sound academic record;
• Applicants must have been involved in leadership roles within the university, schools and/or community;
• Applications will be subjected to a selection process.
SHOULD YOU MEET THE CRITERIA AND WISH TO APPLY FOR THIS PRESTIGIOUS BURSARY, THE FOLLOWING DETAILS MUST BE SUBMITTED
TO THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE, SOUTH CAMPUS (there is no application form as such):
• A personal letter of motivation as to why you are applying.
• A recent CV.
• Three letters of reference.
• Copies of ID, matric certificate and university academic record.
• Details of leadership roles in the community, at school and university.
Closing date: 30 April
Apply via Financial Aid Office in your institution