SANRAL bursary is commitment to developing skills of students who express an interest in studying and building a career within the Civil Engineering industry. We therefore invite candidates studying towards a university degree in BEng / BSc Civil Engineering to apply for bursaries.
Consideration will be given to needy students who have successfully completed their rst year of undergraduate study or those currently registered for 2nd, 3rd, 4th year and post graduate studies. However, strongly motivated applications from matriculants with at least 70% for mathematics and science students studying towards the above Engineering elds, and registered with a University will also be considered.
Sanral Bursay Amount
Books/Equipment plus compulsory excursion and seminars
New Sanral Bursaries Students
We will invite all new students awarded bursaries for an induction session to brief them about SANRAL’s activities. We also develop the buddy system with students where we develop relationships with them and the Project Manager who will assist them with information required for their academic projects.
Sanral Bursary Vacation and Internship Opportunities
We provide opportunities for new entrants with a view to acquire skills that would make them employable
We assist students to obtain required practical experience and to complete their quali cations
These programmes provide SANRAL with an opportunity to compile a database of prospective employees for future recruitment purposes
Vacancies At Sanral
To ful ll roles related to the expansion, maintenance and development of the national road network, SANRAL needs to acquire professionals with a civil engineering degree with the following quali cations:
Tra c and Transport Engineering
Hydrology and Stormwater Engineering
Hydraulic and Water Engineering
To ful ll the roles related to the Intelligence Transport System (ITS) including Electronic Toll Systems, SANRAL acquires professionals with quali cations in:
POST GRADUATE QUALIFICATIONS IN RELATED FIELDS ARE A DEFINITE ADVANTAGE AND SANRAL BURSARIES ARE AVAILABLE TO STUDY FULL-TIME OR PART-TIME IF YOU ARE A PERMANENT STAFF MEMBER OF SANRAL.
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BURSARY ARE AS FOLLOWS:
– A comprehensive CV
– Certi ed copies of recent academic record, con rmation of registration – Certi ed copy of South African Identi cation Document
– South African Citizenship
– Motivational letter
– Parents’ or guardian’s certi ed copy of Identi cation Document
– Parents’ or guardian’s proof of income
Sanral Requirements for vacation and internship work
– A comprehensive CV or you can request an application form from us
– An application stating your requirements
– Provide duration of the assignment needed
– The application must be forwarded to us approximately 2-3 months before commencement date – A copy of your valid drivers’ license
– You will be required to do a presentation after the assignment
Sanral Requirements for full time job
- A comprehensive CV and motivational letter
- Certified copies of your South African ID, matric certi cate and academic transcripts
- A copy of your drivers’ license if applicable
- Please forward your application to SANRAL addressed to the Corporate Services Executive PO Box 415 Pretoria 0001HOW IT WORKSAPPLICATION PROCESSConsideration will be given to needy South African students who have successfully completed their rst year of undergraduate studies or those currently registered for 2nd, 3rd, 4th year and postgraduate studies. However, strongly motivated applications from rst year students studying towards the Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in Civil Engineering and registered with a university will be considered.Bursary applicants will not be considered if they fail any subject in the current academic year. If in Grade 12 applicants should achieve the minimum of 70% in both mathematics and physical science and minimum of 70% for English.
Who Can Apply for Sanral Bursaries?
Applicants should not be a recipient of any other bursary or nancial assistance from any institution
Applicants must be registered or about to register at a recognised Tertiary Education Institution in South Africa
Applicants must be South African citizens
Sanral Bursary Selection
Academic pro ciency as proven by latest academic report
Financial circumstances (Means test)
Field of study
Representation (female, rural, disabled and race)
Validation of ID and quali cation
How To Apply for Sanral Bursaries?
Apply online on http://www.nra.co.za/