The Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education (SITFE)was launched in 1965 as a private sector initiative.
University of Technology Merit Bursary
In its 48-year history, SITFE has provided bursaries to over 9 700 students, financed school building projects, given assistance to tertiary institutions and has worked closely with specialist educational organisations to improve overall education standards.
Who Can Apply?
• Applicants from the sugarcane growing provinces of
KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga
• Applicants must be registered or have applied in the following
disciplines at a University of Technology: Science, Engineering,
or Agriculture, in Kwa-Zulu Natal or Mpumalanga
• Field of study must be industry related
• Applicants must be South African citizens
• Preference will be given to students from rural communities and who consider pursuing a career in rural regions
• A maximum of six awards are granted annually
• Two awards may be based purely on merit. The balance of four awards are based on both merit and need.
• Participation in and contribution to the tertiary and community life will be favorably considered. Closing date: Thursday, 31 October 2018
How To Apply for the bursary?
University of Technology Merit Bursaries
Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education
c/o South African Sugar Association
P O Box 700